Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sleeping baby...

Last night I got home from work a little late. B picked up the baby. When I got home I feed him sweet potatoes and some pears. (He just started eating vegetables.) While feeding him he was falling asleep and it was only 6:00. I didn't give him a bottle because he was falling asleep. I changed him and then put him in bed. Well, he slept until 12:00, drank a bottle and then fell right back to sleep. (Literally I was up about 10 minutes.) He then slept until 7:00 this morning. I miss seeing him at night, but I believe he must need the sleep because he sleeps all night most nights. He usually goes to sleep between 6:30 and 8:00 and sleeps until about 6:00 and 7:00. I did read a book on children's sleep habits and it said they should be sleeping this much and that you shouldn't keep your children awake at night because you want to spend time with them because you worked all day. I'm sticking to it right now because by keeping him up he'd just be grouchy and that's probably not good. (I can't get this post to go to the next paragraph... guess it will be one long paragraph.

Okay, I got it to work now...

So I should be thankful that he's sleeping because I got a lot done tonight. We are having a family barbeque at our house on Saturday evening for one side of Burnell's family. Well, tomorrow we need to cook enough jambalaya for 60 people for church on Thursday. Thursday night we have to go to church to serve the food and then they are having a concert that night. Friday night we have a wedding... That left no time to clean for Saturday. So tonight I was able to clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, sweep the floors, clean the upstairs bathroom (it hasn't been cleaned in forever). It use to be the frog's room but the frog escaped. It's got to be dead by now but we've never found it. Scary at first, but I'm not worried now. So I had to get rid of all the frog stuff in there and clean it. We don't use it much but I want to be able to if I need to go to the bathroom while up there with Tad. His room is upstairs and ours is downstairs....

Yes, my baby sleeps upstairs all by himself. He's evidently doing well so we'll keep things how they are. We have a pack n play in our bedroom in case we need to put him in there, but we usually just use it during the daytime when he naps.

I still need to mop, but I want to do that Saturday morning. I dusted today too and washed a load of clothes. Now it's 9:30 and I'm finally resting for the evening. No, I don't like to sit still... That's just not me.

A friend of mine just finished her thesis and defended it today. Now she's a PhD. Yeah!! She's so happy. I'd be happy too!

Off to bed I go...

1 comment:

Giftie Etcetera said...

It's awesome that he's sleeping all night! Don't worry, he'll slowly start to sleep a little less and then you'll get to spend time with him at the end of the day.