Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 22, 2007

Ahh, hah!! We found the problem!

My child has an ear infection. That's why he's been cranky! Yeah! Not that he has an ear infection but now we know better what to do.



Hopefully, I'll have my pleasant child back soon.



We ran into an incredibly rude person today. This lady walked up to me in the store today. She says, oh, my... how much does your son weigh. I say 16.5 lbs. The lady then ask his age, which I tell her is 6 months. She said oh, my... does the doctor fuss at you because he's too big? I proceed to say no, they said he's perfectly fine. I can't believe this lady said that. I know my son's a little chunky, but I don't think he's fat. The doctor doesn't seem concerned and I've asked if he's too big. We don't feed him too much. Believe me, I check the charts and see if he's eating about what he should be and he's actually eating less than they recommend. What am I to do?? I don't like people telling me these things...



Well, tomorrow we are having a barbeque for some of B's family so I'd better get to bed so I can get everything together tomorrow. Clean house, etc...



Nite!

3 comments:

Giftie Etcetera said...

I can't stand when people make comments like that either. I'm sure they *think* they are being helpful, but still. {eyes rolling}

If it makes you feel any better, every single kid in Strollerfit (a very health-conscience group, as you might guess) is either way below-average weight (think Ander) or way above-average weight. They don't over or under feed. The babies just weigh what they weigh.

Hope little Tad feels better. I'm really excited about Friday!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, my 4 1/2 year old only weighs 24 pounds and wears a size 12 month and even 6-9 month if it's got a stretchy waistband :/ He is seriously underweight for his age, but he eats like a pig, and he eats a fair amount of "junk" food too. Pretty soon, "Mommy to Ander" will be handing down clothes to ME instead of vice versa! People ask me if he's sick all the time...I tell them nope, he's just has his daddy's metabolism!

Misty said...

as a mommy of a fat baby, 20+ lbs at 7 months, i get the "oh, he's so 'healthy'" comments all the time. but i think he's adorable. and i know he will slim down just like ellery did (who's a total beanpole now).