Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Scary evening...

Last night on my way home from work, B called and said to hurry because Tad had 102.7 fever. When I got home a few minutes later I felt him and he was burning up so I took his temp again and it was 103.9. He looked out of it. I gave him some Motrin and then a cool/warm bath. I told B if it didn't go down in about an hour we were going to the hospital or calling the doctor. It finally went down, but he still had fever when we got up this morning.

B's aunt watched him today because I had CPE and really couldn't get out of it. He's only drank about 8-10 ounces of formula all day and has probably eaten about 4 ounces of food. I tried Pedialyte, but he won't drink that either. I called the doctor and we have an appointment in the morning. I hope I'm not overreacting by making the appt. He's been on antibiotics since Monday and I thought he'd be feeling a LOT better by now...

He's sleeping now after a 10 minute or more screaming fit while I gave him a breathing treatment. It's been awhile since he's had them and he doesn't like them now. Before he didn't mind, but now he has a different opinion of them!

Well, I'm exhausted too so I think I'll go rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, is he feeling any better now?